Illustrator Essential Training
Duration: 2 day | Book this course
Cost: $850.00 + GST
Adobe Illustrator is a sophisticated graphics program capable of creating complex and attractive illustrations and type effects. You might need to create logos, advertisements, and other illustrations in Illustrator. If you have little or no experience with Illustrator, it can be overwhelming to start creating complex illustrations. In this course, you’ll start by drawing and manipulating simple shapes to create logos. You’ll also combine text and graphics to create advertisements.
Before taking this course, you should have a basic understanding of your computer’s operating system. For example, you should know how to launch an application, create and save files, and copy files from CD and other media.
Who Should Take This Course
Graphic designers, or people transitioning into a design job or taking on design responsibilities, who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents. They may have little or no experience with Illustrator. They may already use InDesign and Photoshop.
Upon completing this course, you will have learned how to:
- Create a logo using simple shapes.
- Enhance logos.
- Create logos using custom paths.
- Create a logo with type special effects.
- Create an advertisement.
- Import body type.
- Manage your creative assets using Adobe Bridge.
- Provide support for PDF and PSD files.
- Convert raster graphics to vector graphics.
- Colour an artwork using the Live Paint feature.
- Create a poster.
- Export a graphic to various formats.
- Prepare documents for composite and commercial printing.
- Setting User Preferences and Working with the User Interface
- Understanding the Toolbox
- Creating and Saving a Document
Working With Objects And Colour
- Drawing basic shapes
- Basic editing
- Using Strokes and Fills
- Working with Colour
- Drawing and editing paths
- Using grids and guides for precision drawing
- Transforming objects (e.g. rotating, scaling, reflecting, shearing, etc.)
- Aligning and distributing objects
- Blending and reshaping objects
Working With Type
Layers and Transparency
- Understanding the relevance of layers
- Creating clipping masks and applying transparency
Applying Basic Effects
- Implementing gradients
- Applying Filters
Using and Creating Symbols
Creating custom brushes
Creating a Vector version of a Raster Graphic
Colouring artwork with Live Paint
Setting Print Preferences