Duration: 2 days |Book this course
Cost: $1,390.00 + GST
Delivering a brilliant presentation needs:
- effective planning
- choosing the right delivery method
- outstanding content
- use of technology
- communication skills
This course provides in-depth knowledge and skill building in planning, preparing and delivering an engaging presentation. The use of the specific tools and techniques for presentation creation and delivery enable you to give powerful presentations every time.
Duration: 1 day |Book this course
Cost: $695.00 + GST
This time management training course is one of the most popular training courses world wide. You will learn effective time management strategies such as goal setting, task prioritisation and how to overcome procrastination.
We want you to get the most of your time spent in class (this is a time management class after all) so you’ll be able to tell the trainer what lessons are most important to you, and they will cover those topics in more detail. There are topics that apply to some people more than others such as ‘effective delegation’ and ‘managing meetings’.
This dynamic course will provide you with techniques and methods to become more productive and to manage your time more effectively.
Upon completing this course, you will have learned how to:
- Set S.M.A.R.T goals
- Prioritise effectively
- Plan strategically
- Gain lasting skills to tackle procrastination
- Handle high pressure, crisis situations with ease
- Learn to organise the workspace for efficiency and productivity
- Master when and how to delegate for maximum productivity
- Set daily rituals for better productivity
- Gain insightful skills to better manage meetings and keep them on track
- Discover alternatives to in-person meetings
Lesson 1: Goal setting
- The three P’s
- S.M.A.R.T goals
- Prioritising your goals
Lesson 2: Prioritising Your Time
- The 80/20 rule
- The urgent versus important matrix
Lesson 3: Planning Wisely
- Creating your productivity journal
- Maximising the power of your productivity journal
- The Glass Jar: rocks, pebbles, sand and water
- Chunk, block, tackle
- Ready, Fire, Aim!
Lesson 4: Tackling procrastination
- Why we procrastinate
- Nine ways to overcome procrastination
- Eat that frog!
Lesson 5: Crisis Management
- When the storm hits
- Creating a plan
- Executing the plan
- Lessons learned
Lesson 6: Organising your workspace
- Managing workflow
- Dealing with email
- Using calendars
Lesson 7: Delegating made easy
- When to delegate
- To whom should you delegate
- How should you delegate
- The importance of full acceptance
Lesson 8: Setting a ritual
- What is a ritual?
- Ritualising sleep, meals, exercise
- Examples of rituals
- Using rituals to maximise time
Lesson 9: Meeting management
- Deciding if a meeting is necessary
- Using the PAT approach
- Building the agenda
- Keeping things on track
- Making sure the meeting was worthwhile
Lesson 10: Alternatives to meetings
- Instant messaging and chat rooms
- Email lists and online groups
- Collaborating applications
PRINCE2® Foundation with Practitioner
Duration: 5 days |Book this course
Cost: $3085.00 + GST
PRINCE2 is a process-based approach for project management, providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects, across industries, both locally and internationally.
This course is aligned with the PRINCE2 2017 update. This is an interactive five day course with a mixture of presentations, group practical activities, case studies and practice exams based on our top quality course materials developed with subject matter experts. Expect homework and pre-course reading.
This course is run in partnership with Auldhouse.
Delegates should have an understanding of project management but knowledge of PRINCE2 is not required.
- The principles of the PRINCE2 project management method
- How to start, control and close projects
- How to manage quality and risk
- How to deliver projects on time, within budget and to the specified business case
The seven PRINCE2 themes and processes, how they are used throughout the life cycle of a project together with the principles and how the method is tailored to apply to a real-world environment. You get extensive course materials that include online resources, a workbook and PRINCE2 manual:
- Themes: Business Case, Organisation, Quality, Plans, Risk, Change, Progress
- Processes: Starting up a Project, Directing a Project, Initiating a Project, Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery, Managing a Stage Boundary and Closing a Project
- Tailoring the method
- Exam preparation: review key topics, how to answer, practise exams, personal feedback and review sample practitioner exams with scenarios
- Foundation exam: 60 minutes, 60 questions, pass mark 55%
- Practitioner exam: 2½ hours, 68 questions, 38 marks to pass/approximately 55%
- Project Managers
- Project Team Managers and Leaders
- Project Co-ordinators
- Project Support Staff
- Project Officers
- Consultants and Contractors
Upon completing this course, you will have learned how to:
- Introduction to project management and PRINCE2
- Principles, themes and processes
- Business Case What is a business case, development path, contents
- Organisation Roles, each role in turn.
- Quality Key terms, quality planning, control and assurance
- Plans Planning procedure, plan types: exception, project and stage
- Risk Risk management policy, risk management procedure
- Change Configuration management & issue and change control procedure
- Progress Tolerances, lessons, raising exceptions
- Foundation exam review
- Processes and the application of the themes: Starting up a Project, Directing a Project, Initiating a Project, Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery, Managing a Stage Boundary, Closing a Project
- Foundation exam: 60 minutes, 75 multi choice questions, 35 marks to pass, closed book (no reference material allowed).
- Case study analysis: Two case studies supplied by the examination board will be used to demonstrate the application of PRINCE2
- Practitioner exam review
- Practitioner exam 2½ hours, 9 questions, 108 marks, 59 to pass, open book, PRINCE2® manual allowed to be referenced.
The price of this course covers:
- Exclusive accredited pre-course and course material developed with the Lead Author of the PRINCE2 manual
- A copy of Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 – the official PRINCE2 2017 manual
- Small class sizes – usually twelve people or fewer – so you get more time with the trainer
- Leadership and support from one of our top quality trainers
- Exam fees
- Lunches, snacks and beverages on each day of the course.
- Structured homework, Note that to ensure you achieve the best results possible you will be expected to complete the structured homework (2-3 hours per night).
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation with Practitioner
- Project, Programme and Portfolio Office (P3O®) training
We can assist you with PRINCE2 implementation by:
- Arranging for a consultant to advise on how best to implement PRINCE2 in your organisation using implementation road maps
- Reviewing programme or project office operations
- Providing programme management training for your executives.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
PMI® is a registered trade mark of Project Management Institute Inc.