Installing, Configuring and Administering Windows Server 2012
Duration: 5 day | Book this course
Cost: $4,200.00 + GST
This class combines content from classes 20410 and 20411.
This five day combo course provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. This course primarily covers the initial implementation and configuration of core services including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), networking services, and Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 configuration. The other key focus for students in this course is to broaden the initial deployment of Windows Server 2012 services and infrastructure and provide the skills necessary to manage and maintain a domain based Windows Server 2012 environment, such as user and group management, network access and data security.
There will be some self-study component to this combination class. All materials will be supplied.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A good understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding and experience configuring security and administration tasks in an Enterprise environment.
- Experience supporting or configuring Microsoft operating system windows clients.
- Hands-on client operating system experience with Window7 or 8.
- An understanding of basic Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) concepts such as the purpose of user accounts and computer accounts.
Who Should Take This Course
This course is intended for information technology (IT) Professionals who have some knowledge and experience working with Windows operating systems and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to install and perform the initial configuration of a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 server in an existing Windows server environment. Candidates typically interested in attending this course would be
- Windows Server Administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and the related technologies and are looking to learn more about Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft technologies, who meet the pre-requisites and are looking to cross-train on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the 410, Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam
- IT professional wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the 411, Administering Windows Server 2012 exam
- IT professional wishing to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
Upon completing this course, you will have learned how to:
- Deploy and Maintain Server Images
- Configure and Troubleshoot DNS
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Manage User and Service Accounts
- Implement a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Manage User Desktops with Group Policy
- Configure and Troubleshoot Remote Access
- Install, Configure and Troubleshoot Network Policy Server (NPS) role
- Implement Network Access Protection (NAP)
- Optimize File Services
- Configure Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Implement Update Management
- Monitor Windows Server 2012
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012
- Describe Active Directory Domain Services
- Manage Active Directory objects
- Automate Active Directory administration
- Implement IPv4
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS)
- Implement IPv6
- Implement local storage
- Share files and printers
- Implement Group Policy
- Use Group Policy Objects (GPOs) to secure Windows Servers
- Implement Server Virtualization with Hyper-V